How to use filters to create reports and enhance your approval flow
Although employees submit expenses one by one in real time (no more reports!) Admins can use our powerful filter tools to drill down to the expenses you want to approve in bulk.
You can also use this feature to slice and dice your data in many ways, view your data in chart form, and export your search results to CSV or PDF.
Click the Filter button to pop open your filter options:
Your current list of available filters will expand, and by default have the section "Inbox." You can remove this filter by clicking on one of the other sections:
Adding multiple filters to your search
Add multiple filters by clicking on the down arrow to expand your filter options. The filters you apply will be listed at the top of your page. In this example the filters are Section: Inbox and User: Vivian Banks.
Save your search as a report
Next to the filters you've selected at the top of our screen, click the star to save this view.
You'll be given the option to name and save your report:
Now, each time you log in to your account, this report view will be available to you in your admin navigation bar:
Now you can either:
1. Review that feed of expenses (click through them and see each in detail). If you want to approve these in bulk, you can also select all of the expenses and then approve them all.
If your search results in more than 30 results, click the option to 'select all expenses that match this search.' This will allow you to Approve, Deny, Export, or Reassign in Bulk. You can also take other bulk actions like edit the Merchant or Category:
2. Click on the ' Charts' Button that is in-line with the search bar and view a quick bar graph of that expense activity:
3. Export that data to a .CSV or a PDF via the Export button (also in-line with the search bar). Our reports are a great way for you to get the raw data and preserve it off-line or share it with a third party. Read more about Exporting Reports here.
Common uses of Search and Filtering:
- View the Unapproved expenses by Custom Team or Expense Field
- View expenses by Category over a certain Date Range
- View expenses by Expense Field over a certain Date Range (and by User)
Give it a try and let us know if you have any questions on using the filtering tools: email@example.com