Roles and Permissions: Admins and Managers
Admins have access to all account information and settings, including:
- Admin approval triggers payment for reimbursable expenses
- Company bank account and bank transfer history
- Accounting integrations
- Customizable feature settings
- App integrations
- All expenses submitted by members of the organization
- Billing information
Admins may assign an employee a Manager role. Managers can be assigned to other members of the team to add an additional layer of approval in the expense flow. Managers can view expenses of all employees they are managing.
Admins can assign employees Manager roles on the People page. Click the pencil icon to the right of their name to edit a profile, and toggle the Manager setting to "Yes."
Admin Approval and the 'Final-Approval' Permission:
Have an accountant you want to invite to your account? Need someone else to invite users but don't want them to approve expenses? You can add them as an Admin to your account, and then turn off their 'final-approval' privileges in your settings.
Admins who do not have 'final-approval' can do everything that admins can do, with these exceptions:
- They can't approve expenses for payment (they can still 'manager approve' an expense, if they're a manager, but it will still require approval from an Admin with 'final approval' permissions)
- They can't create auto-approval rules
- They can't make other people admins (they can invite people, and they can edit other information about people, but they can't make people admins)
To set these permissions, navigate to your Admin Approval tab in your organization's settings:
Basic approval workflow with Managers
What if you are both an admin and a manager?
The expenses of the people you manage will go directly into your Inbox, and your approval will be final. For reimbursable expenses this means the payment process will begin, and approved corporate card expenses will be synced with your accounting software.