How to automatically import email receipts with G Suite
Are you constantly getting Uber receipts, monthly hosting bills, etc. in your email?
Pro tip: If your company uses Google Apps (G Suite) you can set those email receipts to automatically forward to Abacus.
1. First copy your dedicated receipt email from your receipts tab on Abacus
2. Go to your work email settings, and click on the 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' tab. It should look like this:
3. Click "Add a forwarding address" button and paste in your unique Abacus forwarding address
Please note: if you're using a work email, you'll need a verification code, which will be emailed directly to your unique forwarding address. Once it's been forwarded, it will create a PDF image in your Receipts page in Abacus containing the verification code.
4. OK, you're almost there! Now you need to find some receipt emails and create filters for them. Once you've found a receipt email, click the menu in the top right and select "Filter messages like this"
5. Any emails that match this filter will get auto-forwarded. You may want to add more details, for example maybe the subject always contains the word 'Receipt'
6. Now click 'Create filter with this search' and set it to forward to the forwarding address you set up:
That's it! Now next time you get one of these emails, it'll automatically wind up in Abacus. Set up other filters for your other receipt emails.