Abacus Admins are asked to complete identify verification as part of the setup checklist for your Abacus account. This security measure adds an additional layer of protection to your account.
Please Note: Identity verification is only required for admins of the company.
Complete Identity Verification
Follow these steps to complete your identity verification:
1. Click your name in the top right corner and select Personal Settings.
2. In the sidebar, select Account Information.
3. Scroll to the bottom, and click Verify Account.
4. Enter in your name, your birthday, your address, and the last four digits of your social security number.
5. Click Next to verify.
Why do we ask for your Social Security number?
Before issuing payments directly into your bank account, we want to be sure that your identity checks out across multiple sources of verification. The social security number is one of the most secure identifiers which helps us confirm that you are who you say you are.
Errors and Troubleshooting
You will get two tries to verify your identity in your Abacus account. If you are not successful on your first try, you can follow the instructions above again. It will lead you through the same process one more time.
Here are a few tips in case you aren’t able to verify the first time:
- Make sure you’re using your legal name
- If you’re not a US citizen, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you aren't successful on the second attempt, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll help you resolve the issue!