This feature allows an admin to invite all corporate card users to connect their company cards. This allows central management of each of your cardholder’s corporate cards and gives you real-time insight into corporate card spend.
This feature is designed for you to set up an integration for Business Tier cards.
For companies with most Business Tier card programs (excluding those that we have direct integrations with American Express, Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, and Citi), each cardholder must have their own set of login credentials for you to connect their cards to use this feature.
If your team does not have individual login credentials please get in touch with your bank rep or just run an online search for “Enroll in Online Banking + Bank Name” to help them sign up for online banking.
Through our direct integrations, companies with American Express, Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, and Citi business cards will only need the master or authenticating login credentials to connect the full card program to use this feature. These are the primary login credentials that were created when the account was initially set up. Once connected, Abacus will pull in all cards automatically once at least one transaction on the card has been posted.
Connect Your Card Program
Follow the steps below to connect a corporate credit card program to Abacus.
1. Click the gear icon in the top right corner to open the Company Settings page.
2. In the sidebar, select Card Programs.
3. Click Add Card Program.
4. Select or search for your bank.
5. If you select All other Banks from the options provided, you may be asked whether your cards are Commercial Tier or Business Tier. If you're not sure, having a dedicated bank rep probably means your cards are Commercial Tier, and you can ask them to confirm. For Commercial Tier card programs, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you set up your integration.
6. For Business Tier cards, search for your bank:
7. After choosing your bank, you can select a transaction pullback date. This will be the default “start date” for all of your cardholder’s transactions when they connect their cards to Abacus.
8. Click Add Card Program.
Once you've added the card program, you'll see it listed on your Card Programs page.
Once you've added your card program, you can invite team members to add their cards to Abacus on the Card Programs page.
1. Click the Three-dot menu next to the program and select Add Cards.
2. Input the names of all team members who hold a corporate card.
3. Your team members will receive a prompt to connect their card the next time they log in to Abacus.
When they get this message, users can click Connect Your Corporate Card, which will take them to a page where they can enter their corporate card login credentials to connect their card.
Once users have added their corporate cards, the cards will show up in the personal accounts of the employees who've been assigned a card, and you will be able to view all card activity on the Team Cards page.
Once you've added your card program, you reassign and remove any corporate cards that have been connected on the Card Programs page.
To manage cards, click the more menu next to the program and select Manage Cards.
From this dialog, you can reassign and remove any corporate cards that have been connected as needed.
Sync Corporate Card Expenses to Accounting Software
If you have a sync set up with your accounting software, you can choose to connect to one or more card feeds.
To set up card feeds:
1. Click the gear in the top right corner to open the Company Settings page.
2. In the sidebar, select Accounting Sync.
3. Select the type of sync you would like to set up.
- If you have one card feed in your accounting system, select the second option and it will automatically populate.
- If you have multiple card feeds in your accounting system, select the third option. You will need to map each card to the correct feed. Click none to view a drop-down menu of available card feeds. Click Save once each card is mapped.
Once you have set up your card feed, transactions will be synced into your accounting software once they are approved by an admin and automatically matched to the card feed. Selecting your card feed here is required for the sync to match transactions to the correct card feed in your accounting platform.