Whenever two software systems are talking to each other, things may get lost in translation for various reasons. This article will help you troubleshoot, but you can always reach out to Support and we will help you work through any sync issues.
- Note: Please reach out to ask for help before entering manual data into your books. We can most likely help you solve your sync issues quickly, and resolving the issue together prevents syncing duplicate transactions later.
The first step in troubleshooting any issue with your accounting sync is to check your Accounting Sync History page. Under Company Settings, click the Accounting Sync tab, then click the Accounting Sync History button in the upper right corner.
This page tells you which Emburse Spend data has synced into your connected accounting software. If there are any sync errors, they will appear in the Status column on the right.
An incomplete integration to NetSuite can result in sync failures. If you’ve hit a roadblock with your NetSuite integration, there are a few different steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue.
1) Are all of your categories mapped to your active items in your chart of accounts?
Abacus gives you the option to add additional data to each expense by setting up custom categories and sub-categories. After you’ve set up your Abacus Expense Categories, the next step is to map those to your chart of accounts. If you haven’t mapped your Abacus Categories, the sync to NetSuite desktop may break.
2) Are any of your categories mapped to accounts that no longer exist in NetSuite?
If you’ve deleted any items on your General Ledger, Abacus cannot complete the sync. Open up your Categories page in Abacus and match this against your Chart of Accounts. If anything has been deleted from your GL, you’ll need to make the corresponding updates to your Category Mapping. Do the same with your Expense Fields and Team Fields.
Please note: If any changes are made to your chart of accounts in NetSuite, you must go back to your Categories page in Abacus and re-map them to the updated account! This will not update on its own.
3) Are your corporate cards mapped to the corresponding card feeds?
If you are using Abacus for corporate card reconciliation, and have multiple card feeds in your NetSuite, you need to map your Abacus Team Cards to the corresponding feeds in NetSuite. To set this up, go to the accounting sync page and scroll to Corporate Card Expenses at the bottom of the page.
4) Is the person who set up the NetSuite Integration with Abacus no longer with the company?
If the member who set up the integration between Abacus and NetSuite no longer has Admin permissions, the new NetSuite administrator must redo the sync. Please contact our Support team.
5) Are your Team Fields mapped to your Classes/Departments/Locations?
Abacus gives you the option to set up Team Fields, which you can assign to your employees and map to your custom fields in NetSuite. After you’ve set up your Team Fields, the next step is to map those to the corresponding departments.
6) Are your Expense Fields mapped to your Classes/Departments/Locations?
Similarly, you can use Expense Fields in Abacus to add additional information to each expense. After you’ve set up your Expense Fields, the next step is to map those to the corresponding field in NetSuite.
7) Is your default expense account mapped to an up to date item?
In your Accounting Sync settings page, make sure that the default expense account is mapped to an account that still exists. If it's been edited, you will need to update your selection by choosing the up to date account from the dropdown menu.