Are you setting up your account or just getting started with Abacus? This article will let you know how to get started and lead you through Abacus best practices to make sure that you're set up for success.
- Connect your personal bank account so that you can get reimbursed
- Connect your personal credit card so that you can easily expense business transactions
- Download the Abacus mobile app for expensing on the go
- Save the Abacus email address so you can forward receipts
- Stay informed by updating your notification settings
- Familiarize yourself with key tasks in Abacus
- Take a tour of Abacus so that you're ready to get started!
Connect your personal bank account so that you can get reimbursed
If you will be using Abacus to submit out-of-pocket expenses to be reimbursed for, connect your bank account to make sure that you can get paid back! Follow these instructions to connect your personal bank account.
Connect your personal credit card so that you can easily expense business transactions
Abacus allows administrators to connect a corporate card program to import business transactions paid for by your workplace. If you frequently make business purchases on a personal credit card, you may want to connect your personal credit card in Abacus so that you can easily expense those transactions for reimbursement too.
Download the Abacus mobile app for expensing on the go
Save the Abacus email address so you can forward receipts
If you have receipts emailed to you for business transactions, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so that you can quickly and easily forward those receipts from any email connected to Abacus to have them uploaded. You can also forward receipts from any email address using your personal forwarding address found on the Receipts page. Learn more about forwarding receipts.
Stay informed by updating your notification settings
Many people don't spend time in Abacus every day, so notifications are a helpful way to make sure that you are informed when there's an important update or you need to take action. You can update your notification settings by clicking your name in the top right corner, selecting Personal Settings, and then clicking Notification Settings in the sidebar.
Familiarize yourself with key tasks in Abacus
As a member in Abacus, your main tasks will be submitting expenses and transactions for approval.
- Submit out-of-pocket expenses for approval by clicking Reimbursable Expenses in your Personal sidebar and clicking New Reimbursable Expense. Add the details and click Send to submit! Learn more about submitting Reimbursable Expenses. Once you've submitted an expense, you can see it's status on the Reimbursable Expenses page.
- Submit card transactions for approval by clicking Transactions in your Personal sidebar and clicking on a transaction to add details. Click Send to submit! Learn more about submitting Transactions.
If you're an admin or manager or if you are included in approval routing, you'll also need to review and edit, approve, or deny submitted expenses and transactions in Abacus.
- Click Reimbursable Expenses in you Admin or Manager sidebar to approve or deny submitted expenses.
- Click Transactions in you Admin or Manager sidebar to approve or deny submitted transactions.
Take a tour of Abacus so that you're ready to get started!
Now that you've set up your account and you know the basics, visit this article for a tour of Abacus.