With Export Builder, you can create and save custom export templates in Abacus that will be available to you when you need to export your company's data.
Once you've saved the template, you can select it when exporting expense data. To export expense data on a schedule, see Schedule Exports.
Create a New Template
To create a new custom export template:
1. Click the gear in the top right corner to access your Company Settings.
2. Click Exports in the Company Settings sidebar.
3. Click Add a Template.
4. Choose how you would like to create your template and click Next.
- If you plan to use the export to update information in Sage, Dynamics or Oracle choose the corresponding platform template which have columns based on the requirements of each platform. Please Note: Because each accounting sync is so customizable, you will still have the option to edit preset columns in the template if you need to make unique adjustments.
- If you would like to create a custom template, choose Create a template from scratch.
5. Name your template.
Click + Add a column to add columns to the export.
Choose which Abacus field you would like to add to your export and click Add.
Add Concatenated Columns
In addition to adding individual fields, you can combine values from multiple Abacus fields into an single column. You can also add a separator, such as a forward-slash or a colon, between values.
To add multiple fields in a single column, type and select the field names from the dropdown.
To add a separator, type the symbol or character and click Create "[symbol or character]" in the dropdown.
The Abacus Field on the left lists the fields included in the export as they appear in Abacus. You can determine what the field will be called in the export by updating the column name on the right.
To customize a field, click the pencil to the right of the Abacus Field name.
Choose from the available formatting options. To make more complex customizations, check Show Override Display to reveal string functions:
- Substring Left, Number of Characters: Allows the exported record to pull x number of characters starting from the left.
- Substring Right, Number of Characters: Allows the exported record to pull x number of characters starting from the right.
- Prefix: Will add a string to the beginning of the exported record
- Suffix: Will add a string to the end of the exported record
Click Apply Format to apply your changes.
To remove a field, hover over it and click the trash can to the right of the row.
Save Your Template
Once you have completed all of your customizations, click Save Template. Now, you will have the option to select your template when exporting expense data.
Edit an Existing Template
Once you've created an export template, if need to add, remove, or customize columns, you can edit the saved template on the Export Builder page.