The Trip Authorization feature is how organizations enable company travel policy for trips requiring approval prior to purchase.
- Authorization – Using email notifications, Abacus Travel provides an approval process for companies requiring booked trips to be authorized before purchasing.
- Policy Control at Availability –Abacus Travel provides companies with the ability to warn or prohibit users within Abacus Travel during the shopping process, such as if a trip is over a certain dollar amount or currency.
To view your organization’s current, active Trip Authorization Policy:
Terms to know:
- Always assume approved: All trips in the policy are assumed to be approved and do not require action by the Authorizer.
- Conditional approval (only applies to ‘Require trip Approval’): Use if the trip condition in the Description column requires approval. The condition applies when the Require Trip Approval box next to it is marked.
- Policy Control at Availability: Use these options to create a soft stop, a hard stop, or to provide no indicator for travelers when they search for travel:
- Do Not Apply – Select this option if the company does not need to notify its travelers when they come across this policy. For example, if the trip does not include a return flight, the traveler is not warned or stopped from booking the trip.
- Warn – Select this option if the company wants to warn its travelers when they encounter the policy violation. For example, if the trip does not include a return flight, or the cost is over a certain amount, the traveler receives a warning.
- Prohibit – Select if the company needs to prevent travelers from booking the trip when they encounter the policy violation.
Trip conditions which can be configured with conditional approval are:
- No return flight
- No return rail
- No overnight hotel
- No rental car
- Trip total cost over [amount] [currency of country]
- Air/Itinerary booked less than [# days] days prior to departure.
- Did not take lowest airfare
- Did not take preferred air option
- Air Violated Class of Service Policy
- Did not take any offered air contract
- Did not take offered U.S. Flag carrier
- Did not take offered air contract [contract name]
- Air cost more than [amount/percent] [currency] over the lowest airfare offered
- Total air cost more than [amount] [currency]
- Did not take offered contract car
- Average daily car cost more than [daily car rate] [currency] (excluding taxes and surcharges)
- Did not take preferred hotel option
- Did not take offered FEMA compliant hotel
- Hotel nightly rate more than [nightly rate] [currency] (excluding taxes and surcharges)
- Did not take lowest rail fare
- Rail Violated Class of Service Policy
- Rail cost more than [amount] [currency] over the lowest rail fare offered
- Total rail cost more than [amount] [currency]