How to set up the Abacus & Lyft integration
In your Lyft Business Profile settings, make sure the email listed is an email address associated with your Abacus account.
When you've clicked on the Business profile, select Expense management and choose Abacus from the list.
That's it! For more information on Lyft's Business Profile feature, please refer to their help article.
A few things to note:
- If the credit card listed in your Business Profile matches a credit card that you've connected in Abacus, the receipt will automatically match the card transaction.
- If your Lyft ride is broken out into fare amount and tip, Lyft will send 2 receipts to Abacus.
1. Head to Setup in Salesforce.
2. Navigate to Users in the left hand menu under Administer.
3. Find the user that will authorize Abacus to connect to Salesforce and click Edit next to their name.
4. They will need to have Marketing User selected - you can find this in the top right of their profile. Take note of what their Profile is set to (this example shows a System Administrator). Be sure to save your changes.
5. Next you will need to edit the Profile settings. Navigate back to the left hand Administer menu and select Profiles.
6. Find the profile that was assigned to the user, and click Edit next to it. It's important to note that ANY Salesforce user that is assigned this profile will be affected by the permission changes. If you do not want that to be the case, you can make a new profile and assign the user to it.
7. Scroll down to the Standard Object Permissions box. You will want to make sure that the profile has the ability to View All Accounts, Campaigns, Contacts, and Opportunities. Be sure to save your changes.
Now you're ready to connect your Salesforce and Abacus accounts!
How to set up the Abacus + Salesforce Integration
Step 1: Connect to Salesforce on the Integrations page in your Abacus settings
Step 2: Login with your Salesforce username and password
That’s it! You’ve successfully setup the integration when your settings look like this:
Step 3: Create your custom Salesforce Expense Field
Navigate to the Expense Fields tab in your settings. Click on “New Salesforce Field:”
Select the type of Salesforce field you want to use to create your Expense field. Your options are Account, Opportunity, and Campaign.
For each Salesforce field, you have the option to select all types, or certain types, pulled directly from your Salesforce configuration. For example, you could choose just the Accounts with the Type, "Prospect."
How to limit visibility to certain groups in your organization
If you've segmented your team by Department, Location, or any other Team Field in Abacus, you can choose to limit the visibility to your Salesforce Expense Field to certain groups. In this example, the field is visible to New York employees only:
Save your field, and then refresh the page. The items in the list will update directly from Salesforce!
Filtering Opportunity by Type and Stage
For the Opportunity lists, you have two filter options: Type and Stage. You can select one or multiple types and stages to build your list.
Mapping your Salesforce Expense Fields to your accounting software
Expense fields you create can be mapped to fields in your accounting software.
If you have an accounting sync set up in Abacus, select which field you want to sync to at the top of your expense field list:
Please note that this is a one to one mapping. In other words, you must select only one Expense Field to sync to one corresponding field in your accounting software.